You do want more traffic from social media, do you?
You’ve heard the story of posts going viral and businesses getting from the unknown to trending overnight.
While SEO takes time to takeoff even when done on a local scale, social media offers an instant (often massive) traffic boost we all desperately want to see in our Google Analytics.
So, how do you make that happen?
By using the right approach and some secret strategies in tow.
Yet, when you are just starting out things may get a bit confusing: should I focus on Instagram? Or maybe shoot Periscope videos? Or hop on Quora as they say it brings amazing leads?
Unless you have huge marketing budgets - focus on one-two social media platforms at a time. Click To Tweet
Your primary goal is to understand, which ones bring you the most traffic and best leads.
Here’s a quick plan for you:
- Give a good drill to two platforms per month. Throw all your efforts on milking the max out of them and leveraging all the traffic you can handle.
- Analyze the results.
- Ditch the platform that didn’t work well and add a new one to test-drive for the next month.
- Rinse and repeat until you discover the perfect mix of social media platforms, which bring the best relevant traffic to your website.
And now choose your weapons!
[Navigation for different platforms]
Building a following and most importantly getting organic reach on Facebook has become quite a hassle in 2016 after the latest algorithm updates. What publishers can now settle on is between 2.27% and 2.6% of free audience reach per post (unless you are ready to cash out for extra exposure boost to tap into the feeds of your existing fans).
However, Facebook still remains the largest social players with over 1.55 billions of active users worldwide. Boycotting the network completely may not be the smartest move to make.
Below are those strategies, which will still bring you great results in 2016 both in terms of organic and paid reach.
- Case study: do Facebook promoted posts work? by Matt Owen
- Drive Massive Traffic From Facebook (For Free): A Sumo-Sized Guide by Sarah Peterson
- How I grew my Facebook traffic by 200% in 60 days by Andrianes Pinantoan
- How To Lower Your Cost Per Click And Increase The Response Of Your Facebook Ads by Sandi Krakowski
- How We Increased Our Facebook Traffic by 332% in 2015 by Syed Balkhi
- How to Steal Your Competitor’s Facebook Traffic by Rand Owens
- Facebook Video Ads: The Secret Weapon You’re Too Afraid To Use by Andrew Tate
- How to Win on Facebook: 8 Lessons Learned From Analyzing 1 Billion Posts by Neil Patel
- 15 Top Facebook Tools for Marketers by Kim Garst
- Top 9 Facebook Marketing Questions Answered by Andrea Vahl
Instagram got a serious buzz this year for being the platform with the highest organic reach and top engagement rates.
But what if your business isn’t that visual?
Fret not! It still may be the place to be for your brand if you use the right approach like Nathan Chan from Foundr Mag did. Read on and get to know how you can attract traffic and clients via Instagram!
- Instagram Exposed: Advanced Instagram Marketing Tactics to Get a Ton of Followers by Richard Lazazzera
- A Guide on How to Get More Followers on Instagram: 10,000 Instagram Followers in 2 Weeks (Part 1) by Nathan Chan
- Half a Million Real Instagram Followers in 1 Year: How Foundr Did It (Part 2) by Nathan Chan
- How To Go From 0 to 50,000 Followers On Instagram (Real Quick, Real Friggin Quick) by Ross Simmonds
- 9 Marketing Techniques I Used To Get 39,000 Instagram Followers (With $0 Marketing Budget) by Ksenia Avdulova
- How to Advertise on Instagram: A Complete Instagram Ads Guide by Kristi Hines
- 7 Instagram Marketing Strategies You Can Launch in 2 Hours by Alex Ditty
- 13 Instagram Marketing Tips From the Experts by Cindy King
- 8 Instagram Marketing Mistakes You Should Avoid by Jeff Bullas
- The 7 Best Instagram Photo Apps for Editing Pics (My Favorites!!!) by Aaron Lee
- 10 Instagram Tools For Business by Hongkiat Lim
Pinterest is another visual platform currently driving insane amount of traffic to e-commerce stores, beauty companies and loads of others business and publishers. In fact, as the platform founders admit 87% of users come to Pinterest in a “buying state of mind”.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Seeing Massive Pinterest Traffic by Josh Dunlop
- 23 Expert Pinterest Tips that Will Triple Your Referral Traffic by Brandon Gaille
- How I Increased My Pinterest Traffic by 1,937% by Dustin W. Stout
- 12 tips to massively increase your Pinterest traffic by Sarah Morgan
- 9 Graphic Designer Tips on How to Get Pinterest Traffic by Louise Myers
- Pinterest Traffic: 7 Bloggers Reveal How To Get 100k Visits from Pinterest (Per Month) by Drazen Prastalo
- Pinterest Marketing Tips for SEO, Traffic, and Online Reputation Management by Kristi Hines
- The Pinterest Traffic Experiment: I’m Up 2350% In 60 Days by Nick Loper
- 13 Tips To Get More Followers On Pinterest The Right Way by Kim Vij
- 21 Time-Saving Pinterest Tools for Businesses and Marketers by Kevan Lee
- 40+ Smart Strategies To Grow Your Blog With Pinterest by Pauline Cabrera
- Master Pinterest Marketing For Your Business (75 Point Checklist) by Anna Bennet
- Make Your Pins Count: 7 Ways to Drive Sales and Traffic with Pinterest by Dayna Winter
- 9 Ways to Go Viral on Pinterest and Get an Avalanche of Traffic by Beth Hayden
LinkedIn remains the top platform to scout B2B leads and leverage your personal brand via thought leadership and active contributions to the community.
To make this professional network work for your business, give the next strategies a go:
- How to Use LinkedIn: 35 LinkedIn Tips for Professional Networking, Business & Marketing by Pamela Vaughan
- 3 Unusual Hacks to Dramatically Up Your LinkedIn Game by Larry Kim
- Generate Leads from LinkedIn Through 6 Simple Steps by Neil Patel
- 7 Simple Rules for LinkedIn Sponsored Updates by Ryan Nicholson
- Blogging on LinkedIn: 11 tips to write winning posts by Cendrine Marrouat
- 8 Ways to Get More Traffic from LinkedIn by Jimmy Daly
- How and Why I Use LinkedIn Groups to Build My Business by John Jantsch
- 7 Essential LinkedIn Marketing Stats: When to Post, What to Post and How to Improve by Kevan Lee
- 5 Ways to Drive LinkedIn Traffic to Your Website by Stephanie Sammons
- 10 Ways To Increase Highly-Targeted Leads On LinkedIn by Lewis Howes
- 5 Actionable Tips To Use LinkedIn Publishing To Get More Blog Traffic by Brian Lang
The micro-blogging platform has been struggling last year to keep the user-base and advertising revenues at bay. After introducing a series of new features e.g Twitter Cards and embedded images, things seem to start going better for Twitter and I believe it is still a valuable platform to be for your company.
With the following tips you can learn how to navigate the world of uber-fast updates and lure your followers into checking out your content:
- Case Study: How To Triple Your Traffic With Twitter by Loz James
- 13 Formulas I Use To Increase Twitter Followers, Post Tweets + Traffic by Pauline Cabrera
- How to Use Twitter for Lead Generation by Kevin Strasser
- How I Went From Zero to 380,000 Twitter Followers Without Spending a Dime by Ann Tran
- Are You Wasting Money on Twitter Ads? by Devon Wijesinghe
- Double Your Traffic From Twitter In 30 Minutes Or Less by Matthew Woodward
- How to Generate Traffic with the New Twitter Remarketing Tag by Ron Sela
- 21 Twitter Tools That Every Twitter Power User Must Know Of by Srikanth AN
- How I Used Twitter to Attract 34,771 Unique Web Hits by Derek Halpern
While getting started as a teen app to exchange sexts and funny pictures, Snapchat has now gained the attention of top publishers and brands for its unique engagement options.
If you want to experiment with leveraging your brand awareness and keeping your audience raving about your products, here are the top strategies to use:
- What is Snapchat and How Can I Use It for Business? by Matt Mansfield
- How To Use Snapchat For Business by Eva Gantz
- The Ultimate Guide To Snapchat In 2016 – Strategy, Tutorials, Case Studies, And More by Brandon Landis
- Snapchat 101: Marketing for Bloggers & Businesses by Drew Binsky
- 5 Ways to Integrate Snapchat Into Your Marketing Strategy by Rochelle Ceira
- Snapchat Marketing: The Key to Discovering and Engaging Your Most Loyal Fans by Braveen Kumar
- Take the Plunge: Smart Ways to use Snapchat for Business by Evan LePage
- These 16 tips and tricks will take your Snapchat game to the next level by Maya Kosof
- A Marketer’s Guide To Snapchat & How Brands Can Build Followers Through “Stories” by Danny Sullivan
Nearly each year we hear the rumors that Google is about to abandon its pet social media project, yet here it still is – all shiny and full of potential traffic to direct to your website.
If you are eager to leverage your local rankings, Google+ and Google My Business should both be on top of your social media marketing agenda.
And below are the strategies worth test-driving:
- The Skeptic’s Guide to Getting Targeted Traffic from Google+ by Will Blunt
- How To Drive More Traffic To Your Website with Google Plus Communities by Steven J Wilson
- 13 Google+ Tools to Improve Your Marketing by Ryan Hanley
- How to Grow Your Google+ Following by Jenny Melrose
- The Ultimate List of Google+ Tips by Amy Lynn Andrews
- 29 Essential Tips from the Top Google Plus Geeks by Ramsay Taplin
- How to Use Google+ Hashtags for More Exposure by Ann Smarty
- 64 Google+ Content Strategies [Infographic] by Maria Peagler
Periscope & Meerkat
So, podcasting is a thing. And video podcasting is the next big thing as the popularity of Periscope and Meerkat proves.
Connect with your potential customers on the next level with short video sessions and live updates.
Here’s how the cool kids are doing this:
- What Is Periscope And How Can You Use It For Business Video Streaming? by Steve Olenski
- 6 Big Reasons Small Businesses Need to Be on Periscope by Kim Garst
- How To Use Periscope To Grow Your Ecommerce Business by Corey Ferreir
- How Can I Use Periscope & Meerkat For My Business? by Brandon Hassler
- 33 Incredible Periscope Tips from the Most Popular Scopes by Brandon Gaille
- Marketing on Periscope: 16 Tips You Probably Haven’t Heard Yet by Alyssa O’Sullivan
- 21 Periscope Tips for Winning Broadcasts by Donna Moritz
The front page of the Internet, the vault of memes and the launch platform for a number of startups, Reddit is a breed of its own with some unique rules to follow.
It’s easy to get viral on this network…and easily equal to get stripped of your pride with irritated community comments and trolling.
Make sure you use the right approach to Reddit community if you want to make it big there!
- So You Want To “Market On Reddit” by Brian Patterson
- Getting on the front page of Reddit. What does it mean for your organization? by Daniel Russell
- Cracking Reddit: How to Get Thousands of Visitors to Your Campaign with Reddit Marketing by Travis Levell
- Reddit Marketing: How We Got 10,000 Pageviews and a PA 48 Link from Reddit in 2 Weeks by Perrin Carrell
- The Easiest Guide to Making Reddit Your #1 Traffic Source by Mohi Shafee
- How To Get 1,691 Visits From Reddit In 27 Days (Without Spending A Penny) by Robbie Richards
Stumbleupon is another relatively unknown source of massive (cheap) traffic, which often leads to virality.
While there’s no exact algorithm of how the content is ranked for display on Stumbleupon, there are a few clever tips to give your post a better attention boost:
- Big, clear visuals
- List post or guide with enticing subheadings
- Minimalistic design
And here are some additional strategies to deploy:
- StumbleUpon Ads: 60,275 Visitors for $128.90 by Stefan Maescher
- 4 Ways to Increase Your Traffic With StumbleUpon by Kristi Hines
- How We Turned $100 into 201,126 Visitors by Kim Roach
- Viral Marketing Case Study: How a Brand New Blog Generated 17,584 Visitors In One Day by Brian Dean
This Q&A platform is another great place to trap B2B leads and build a name for yourself as an industry expert.
Everything is simple – look for questions, relevant to your industry. Bring value with your reply and include a link back to the relevant piece of content on your website, where applicable. Just don’t appear too self-promotional.
Here are some more tips to give a try:
- Beginner’s Guide to Quora: The Most Helpful Uses for Marketers by Kevan Lee
- How We Answer Quora Questions to Drive Traffic to Our Website by Cara Tarbaj
- Easily Growth Hack 1,500+ Visits From Quora by Ryan Stewart
Other Networks & Useful Reading
- How to Get More Traffic from Every Post by Republishing on Medium by Chelsea Baldwin
- Slideshare Traffic Case Study • From 0 to 243,000 Views in 30 Days by Ana Hoffman
- 10 Case studies on How to Grow your Website Traffic with Social Media by Andrew McCauley
Back to you: What social media networks are you using to drive traffic to your websites? Which ones bring the best results?
Got an interesting case study to share? Add it in the comment section below and we may include it to the roundup!